YOU AND ME, WE MADE LIFE

Delivery for you.
And for me.
A parcel, its coming
For you and for me 
To smile at
Get excited about
And tear open.

Shake the mailman’s hand
As he gives you this one.
It's a good one.
I’ll pat his back too.        

The contents within have legs,
Are running,
Trying to catch up to tie your laces
Delivering reminders 
For you and for me
To not lose our place in this
Work of

Self.

Self? I saw myself in you.

The note in this parcel,
I keep reading it over and over,
Tells me to persist,
To know and

Become.

And I lay on top that note
Like lived in sheets,
My hair a mess and legs all over
The place
You fixated on me
And grabbing my feet.
Two dark eyes lined up
Telling stories,
Great stories, in silence.

You watch me, cradle my head
As I listen to the history within you,
Waves come crashing to your floor.

You just saw yourself in me.
And,

Damn it, you look surprised.
Worried.
Guilt.

And you seal up the note
And hand deliver it
To a post office way out of town.

And the life falls out from my belly.

stephanie lorentzen-jordan

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT