TWIN

I searched the surface
Of the earth with blind eyes,
Feeling the land to 
Find your hands resting there.

[Raised up over mountains 
Pressing on pastures.]

I found them not. 

I dematerialized to 
Become sky and
Meet your mind there,

To wrap my 
Tongue around and give
Voice to the ghost within.

[The blue and white
Folding over us
Like lovers in sheets]

I found it not. 

My heart hardened
And crumbled around 
Others
Like bread left for birds.  

[You were lost to me.]

Until wings brushed my face
As gentle as wind through pines
And woke me from a deep sleep.

You followed my crumbled heart
Back to its beginnings
And pieced it together, 

Knitting it with your smile
Your eyes, 

Your thoughts I had hoped to meet. 

And you loved me there
Like that sky I had climbed into 
On my own. 

You laid on top 
Of me like snow drifts
Covering great majestic places

And I melted into you
Like a river traveling
Down its rocky surface, 

Creating a new foundation,

To meet at the sea
Where God’s voice 
Can be heard among
Nets and lines and bottoms
Of boats brushing sand.

In seaweed swaying in 
Storms.

In nights where full moons
Provide light for 
Sea turtles ready
To drop their womb. 

And we speak within the sea
And the sky
And the earth
And all of its fire,

A primordial flame
That strikes from a
Sword of purity of tongue
Which you kiss me with. 

And the angels watch us there,

The spirits hands upon us
Guiding our bodies,

His white robes
Cascading over our faces
Dropping on to you like petals
And into me like life giving blood,

To a union that 
Is impossible to find, 

But can now always be found. 

[I love you.] 

stephanie lorentzen-jordan

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT