FIND

In the morning, I could not find you.

And I mistook an old man for your glory.


And I went about my day,

Sometimes looking for you here,

Maybe over there, at that corner, maybe this one.


I saw a red hat on a beach

And thought you had left it.


I grabbed it and called out your name,

And a child came running.

We played for a while, until I had to

Continue my search.


In the night I did not feel you.

And I let someone else in,

Until the water-pot was almost full

But evaporating quickly.


It was in a dream we met.

And when I am awake I dream of sleeping.

To get those glimpses of you,

There in my dark place.


But I do not know

If we will meet in daylight.

You might reveal my soul

And carry it away.

When it comes,

Find me well and able to deal.


Stephanie Lorentzen-Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT