THE LOST BOY

A meditation teacher told me
"Hold on! You're
In for a ride! You
Won't believe this!"

I told her, "I've
Already been there.
It left me. Shut-up!"

But, emotions cool.
You get on with things.

I drifted off to
A ramshackle place with
One eye open
In the middle of my forehead.

A single sturdy pillar
Stood tall within and pushed,
Pushed, pushed
Until everything
Crumbled
And what was left was

Me.

Aside from me,
There was nothing.
No particles, no waves,
No sub-atomic matter

but you.

We sat there,
Hand in hand, in front
Of a majestic blue Buddha
Tying golden threads into
Bows and knots around us.

Like captured animals.

Stars as our
Witness.

And the eye in my forehead
Turned to smoke
And funneled into you.

And the threads became beautiful chains.

I never was the same.


stephanie lorentzen-jordan

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT