SO YOU STOLE AWAY

So you stole away 
Each day
Leading up to your final
Departure.

And I fed you your famous
Black and blue and 
Gave you golden
All the way, 

When you wanted it.

A friendship,
Hooked around you
With long legs

And substance.

My sometimes animal.
My often forest creature.

I love your love
You love my love
and we love(d)

And it’s natural for 
Jeans to come off then
Into a pile on the floor

Next to hers.

Next to hers were mine

And yours and 
You didn’t have to let
Things get tangled.

I fed you my famous
Purpose and plan
And my sublime nature.

You met an angel in me.
You know this. 

Did you forget where
I come from?

And I forgave you for it,
Days later,
For up and stealing away
As you did,
Taking my jeans with you
And giving them to her. 

The blood that pools in my 
Heart now
Is naked, unclothed.
Others come up and 
Ask to warm me.

I shove them away, hard.

You stole away
Therefore,
I stole myself away too.

I hope to wake and find
No tangles ever again,

Except those between you and me.
I miss you.

stephanie lorentzen-jordan

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT