MY FRIEND

So you say,
I love you today
But will never be,
My friend.

What kind of heart is this,
That wants only what pains it?
And hides from what aids it?
A slave to conception!
Where is your joy?

Rest in your desire,
My friend.
Let union occur.
And your true self reveal.

Do not fear.
For, I do not cling to you.
Desire without clinging does indeed exist,
And brings you closer to the ultimate,
My friend.

A desire so rich,
from the source,
That it cannot be forced or coerced
Into decipherable language.
I cannot attach to it if I wanted to!

A sacred gift,
You do not see its worth.
You see only arms wrapping tight
And leeches sucking the life from you,
A life's work being displaced.
Let it suck the conventional, I say,
To make room for the ultimate!

And so I tread alongside you on your journey,
Which looks like my journey too,
And I get a clear message from
The divine,

That what we should be,
Is One,
My friend.

What happens when we ignore these messages?
You will come cycling back to me,
Again and again,
Passing by each time, disappointed
As your unrealized-self has made me
Unavailable to you.

Our stream cannot be broken.
So, what are you waiting for?
My friend.

The Sacred
Awaits,
For you,
To extinguish the seed
That keeps us apart.

stephanie l jordan-renz

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT