THROAT

Creature of benevolence,

My lovely one.


You trek the long corridor of

This tunnel you have dug

And come to the threshold

Only to bear rigid, cold thoughts

Like claws

And flash your separateness at me

Like a man with a gun.

I see your true intentions there

On your back like a cloak.


Yet,

I will wait.

I will wait for you,

With love and purity, with folded hands,

Asking nothing of you, changing you not,

Ready to clasp your wrists and lovingly

Pull you out of the depths,

Of the cycle.


On the green grass

On the hillside atop your home,

It is beautiful and peaceful and

You have painted many pictures of yourself

For all to see, yet you don't see.

I want nothing from you, but union is inherent

Within our beings.

When I get closer to the truth,

And approach your secret inner-door

With a knowing smile,


You see the gate to my heart is open


And you grimace and shake and

Your mouth curls menacingly.

You frightened man!

With a deep dark throat spitting blades

Threatening to gnaw at my bones

If I come near.

Awaken yourself and rest in your desire.


Yet,

You do not scare me.

I do not close my door and recoil.

I wait in the night,

Standing still at your gate

Shining my light,

Looking past its heavy bars and down through

Its dark corrosive tunnel.

Perhaps to find shadows,

Clues to inner-reality.


I will not shout for you through

The depths.

I will not hurry to the stoop

And shake you

Shouting, "Come to me dear love!"

That is not peace.

That is not true love.

That is not the way the spirit moves.


You are mad with rage and distrust

And the power of your anger has

Caused a landslide within you.

Your throat is full of discontent,

Of mud, of earth, of rocks

Needing to be surgically removed.

And you cannot make a sound.

Like a dog without a bark.


Yet,

You are lovely beneath that mess,

That bitter sheath.

You are poetry and breath and

If you knew this, could free the world

With your words.


I am here.

I will approach you with the utmost care

And gently wipe your anger away.

Your heart will be revealed

And you will know love

For the very first time.


Yet,

Creature of benevolence,

My lovely,

It is up to you to open your mouth

And come out of your hiding place.


I will meet you at the gate

And we can tear it down together.



stephanie lorentzen-jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT