THE SOUND

It is the music I hear
From the depth of my soul.
You are singing there
And the sound is of all the colors in existence.
Glorious and in balance.

The bells, the strings.
Horns.
Percussion.

I hear a drum slapping.
It creates beautiful waves in space.
The heavens laugh and
Turn on their belly
And do not feel frightened by it.
Do not care as to when they will
Turn back around.

Babies are born at this sound.

A cymbal.
The sound resonates with
The collective.
Reverberates,
And all listening souls join hands
Feeling the vibration
And filled with hope
For mankind.

And then the most beautiful voice arises
Like pouring from a siphon.
An undecipherable voice,
An unknowing voice.
Like an ancient, undetected language,
Hidden in hearts of man.

Of me.
It extends out of me
Like arms of an octopus,
Reaching, singing, praising.
Moving upward and onward,
Trudging with sweat
Of the journey.
A most magnificent sound of living.

The music inside me
It lives and it breathes.
It tells of your story
And it fills my vessel
So deep that I am choked
And drowned by its purpose.

A symphony of utter splendor!
A cacophony of love,
I cannot keep you within.

stephanie lorentzen-jordan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT