THE HEART

It is blood red.

It pumps with emotion

It rush's out,

Blood red.

Spewing on those around me.

And seeps in to my

Eyes.

And we, together, me and my heart

Act and react as

Madmen,

Entangled.

And blind.


But transformation begins

And to see,

The being must move beyond love.

Free the heart from the ropes that bind it,

Allowing the ropes to become light weight,

Strings, then feathers, then air,

As I travel the hills,

The rough terrain,

To the emptiness.


To release the heart.


It is then that I can see again and

It is still blood red, still me,

But, this time it shimmers gold.

It radiates purity.

And then becomes white

And it asks nothing of me

Yet fills me completely.

It has expanded beyond my being

And can now hold me

And hold you in your truest sense.

It is love.


Stephanie Lorentzen-Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT