RUNNING

Running in this place

For a long time and the scenery was changing

But was always the same.

My dualism.


And in the morning, one morning,

In silence,

I saw the sun rise, on your side,

And your eyes shown on me.

I felt alive.

And knew this was the first time.


And I pressed my face down into

Vastness; your land, this was your heart.

And I felt free,

My hands wet from dew

Fed my skin, nourished my soul.

I was looking at your being.


And I felt alive.

Seeing for the first time.

A richness beyond vision.


And then you sent me back

To the day, running with others

Trying to find peace of mind.

But I know,

You are there in the light

That I step forth in, every day,

Make my way,

In this world of unreality,

Of ego, of wanting.

It is daunting,

Until we see,

What we seek is not

What we need.

But you.


Stephanie Lorentzen-Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT