sight thing

So I have these weak and forgiven eyes

Eyes to see the glory,

And nothing else.

And great things I do not understand.

It is the cup I cannot get out of,

You poured me in this land.

I reach and reach and

Grasp the rim,

Hanging, pulling

Up to look out.

Just one glimpse of your horizon

And I could have it figured out.


This sight thing.

This sight thing is useless

When you feel the utter warmth

Rising up from the boiling,

Penetrating earth's crust

And cooling at your feet,

And your arms stretch up like satin cloths

To the sky.

And your middle?

It's filled with birds, it's made up of cloud,

It is just a path,

To the creator.

Let it go

Let it fizzle.


I love again and regain my strength

Each time I ponder this.

Your essence by your creation,

Is taken amiss.

Upon Heaven I gaze,

It is the most beautiful thing

I have never seen.

Unless love is of its hearth,

And the fiery coals love burns upon

is also love,

I ponder this.


Stephanie Lorentzen-Jordan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICE OF THE MORNING SUN

SEEING IN THE DARK

THE GIRL IN THE BOAT